New is a book, a catalogue, a style-guide featuring the best 100 emerging Dutch photographers annually. New is a platform, initiated by GUP magazine, bringing Dutch based photography talents to the attention of galleries, museums, commercial and photography agencies, media companies and institutions that work with imagery.
Deadline: August 1st, 2016.
All upcoming photographers based in The Netherlands (either graduated in 2012 or later, or working as an autodidact photographer for 3 years or fewer) are welcome to send in work for consideration. We now welcome you to send in work for publication in the New Dutch Photography Talent 2017 book.
Only the best
After deadline GUP editors select the 100 best photographers for publication in the 2017 book. If you are amongst those happy 100 to feature as a New Dutch Photography Talent, we grant you 4 pages (2 spreads) in the book. In good consultation GUP editors will select the images to be published.
Publishing a book isn't free
However publishing a book isn’t for free. As a New talent you contribute 300 euro (ex. 21% VAT) as an entry fee. With this contribution you receive:
- 5 copies of the New Photography book (total retail value: 125 euro)
- a book mailing to hundreds of relevant stakeholders. This being museums like the Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk to art galleries, curators, relevant magazine and newspapers and the top Dutch creative and photo agencies as well as other influential organizations.
- promotion through all New and GUP platforms (website(s), social media and events).
- a group exhibition showing 100 works of the New participants.
- a LensCulture offer for an invitation-only profile account on their website that will help you gain exposure to a global audience of 1.5 million photography lovers.
How can you submit your work?
Submit your portfolio (of at least 15 images) via the button below or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org